Friday, May 1, 2020

Sunny dispatch.

Daughter's visit last week improved the mood and set the tone for a better week in quarantine.
We attended the three different church services on Sunday.
Monday we delivered the masks for BIL to the P.O. and did a drive by at the back door of our friend's paint shop to pick up supplies. Then, since we were in town, we ordered and picked up sandwiches from the gas station sandwich shop. They are the best in town. Wilson had a burger and I had the Mike's special with three kinds of lunch meat, cheese, avocados, and more. 

Monday we said goodbye to our Easter decorations and they were put back in their storage boxes to await the next Easter. Hopefully it will be better than this year. 

My sandwich from the gas station. 

After lunch I commenced defrosting the freezer.This freezer is almost 40 years old. It is a good one, but not frost free.  I usually hang with it and use my hair dryer to speed the process. This year I just let it defrost on its own. It took 9 hours to defrost, wipe down, and restock the remaining frozen items. Then I went to bed. 

Monday afternoon Wilson had prepped the hall bath for painting. He hit the ground running Tuesday morning and got that accomplished. 
Final touch up took place Wednesday. It looks fresher and nicer in there now. 
Wednesday I cooked a roast in the oven. It was delicious. I used some au jus gravy I had in my freezer that I had saved when I cooked a brisket. The roast melted in my mouth. And. I love the carrots and potatoes cooked with a roast. Left overs have been eaten once since then and there is, at least, one more serving of this. 

Today is a chamber of commerce day with sunny skies and mild temps. 
This 100 sweet cherry tomato is putting them on right now. I'm anxious for one to be red so I can eat it. 
I don't know whether this is the better boy or the heirloom tomato blooming but the blossoms are large. 
Hang on little tomato! I hope this one is big and juicy. And acidic. I love a tomato with a bite.

Lunch is over and I have clothes in the washer and dryer. 
I concocted a corn beef salad for lunch. It was delish. 
Think I'll find something to do outside. Later today I plan to transplant three volunteer water melon plant that have come up in my butterfly garden. We put compost out there so that is where the seeds came from. I've also got some zinnias that need moving to the BFG. 

Shalom. 




No comments:

Post a Comment