Sunday, April 26, 2020

Dispatch from the weekend.

We set the alarm for Saturday morning. I formulated the plan to get the day started by walking before breakfast. So we did. It rained Friday night but the weather app said 0% chance of rain. 
They lied.
Two thirds of the way finished and the sprinkling started. It did not drench us like it had earlier in the week. We got in 4 miles before breakfast.
I had time to shower and wash my hair before my 10:00 Zoom meeting with my siblings. 
The meeting was typical. Some of us were a bit subdued with not much to say. No one is living the life of Riley right now, so there isn't much news to share. We are just glad to see each other's faces and know how the other is handling typical life changes during this time. 
After our allotted 40 minutes the Zoom abruptly shut us down. That is how it goes. One minute you are talking and laughing, and then you're not. 
I piddled around and found 'Wilson' the church bulletin online so he could read it. I gravitated to the kitchen and started to get some things lined up to cook for lunch when I heard him calling to me from the computer bedroom. When I walked back I saw that he was FaceTiming with Daughter...AND...she was calling from our front yard!!!
She and her family had driven over for a SDV (social distance visit). Without hugging or touching we greeted all her family. We walked around the yard and toured our small gardens then settled on the back porch.
It was so-so needed, this visit. 

SDS. Social distance selfie. 

Add more to the mix. 

They didn't stay long. I offered our bathroom but no one needed the facilities. Lunch time was approaching and they had plans to do a drive by pick up  on their way back home. So just like that they loaded up and headed back east. 
And the waving lasted until they were out of sight. And lingers in my memory. 
That. Just that. 

After lunch I whipped up three masks at the request of a brother-in-law. 
It took less time to make these three than it did the first one I made. 
I hope to mail them on Monday. 

I had told Sister Mimi our potatoes were blooming and had to send her this photo to show what a potato blossom looks like. Blooming means there are potatoes growing underground. 

Today we were in church all morning. We attended our local parish mass, then we went to the Methodist church that one of my brothers and our son attends (out of town), then we went to another Methodist church (out of town) where Wilson's cousin was giving his testimonial. 
We surely got the ghost.
***

This afternoon we ventured out to the Sonic for chocolate milkshakes and a driveway visit with an elderly parishioner. She was glad and so were we.
Back home and ready to take on the week.
We have some small goals set. 
I'll save that for another post.
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment