Monday, April 6, 2020

Feeling dispatched.

Learning new tricks in the epidemic. For the first time ever I ordered groceries from the Kroger this morning to be delivered. They should be here Wednesday afternoon. I forgot coffee and salsa. I'll have to place another order on another day. Last week I ordered some bulk items from Sam's and some small items from Amazon. Amazon has some real price gouging going on. Not cool, Amazon. Not cool.

This morning"Wilson" (new name for Macho...Castaway movie reference) wanted to go somewhere and buy a new weed eater. His old one didn't need a new spark plug, after all. I made a trip to the P.O. complete with mask that I sewed last week. (Most everybody there had on a mask. Most were of the store bought paper variety. The man directly ahead of me in line had fashioned his out of, what looked like, a kitchen towel with some kind of rubber band that wrapped around his ears.) I had thought Wilson wanted to go to the locally owned store for the weed eater. It is closer to us. When I got back in the car after sanitizing my hands Wilson said he had talked himself out of going to Lowe's. I said "Lowe's"?!! He said he wanted to buy the same model he has because he wants to use the attachments he already has. Then he realized that Lowe's closed last week because an employee tested positive. Argh. I said we can order it...so after lunch we did. The money we are saving on gas right now is being spent on shipping and delivery charges.

Time seems unimportant right now. We wake up late. We stay up late. Some moments I feel pretty starved for conversation.

Now I'll go find something productive to do.
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment