Friday, April 3, 2020

Birthday wishes dispatched from afar.

Our sweet Alice celebrated her second birthday yesterday. We sang happy birthday to her on facebook from our very own kitchen. She had a marvelous day from all indications. And now she is two. And she will grow up in a world where she won't know the "before" the corona virus. Many of our grandchildren will not remember the before. How will it be? What will it look like? Will we be better? Nicer? More spiritual?

After lunch today I needed to be outside. I walked around before grabbing the brush we use to get the dirt off our shoes. I used it to brush down the statue of Mary I brought back from Mom's last year. She was full of cobwebs and oak squiggles. And spiders. After she was free of the debris I sat on the corner of our raised bed and enjoyed a few quiet moments of thought and prayers and simply enjoying the green of my back yard. I looked up and saw the first hummingbird of the season on my feeder. I took that as a sign. A sign that things will right themselves at some point. We will have to recover, but we will come through.

Allergies have hit with a vengeance. Paying my dues for being outside so much. My over the counter allergy med is only 1.5 years past the expiration date. Should have some good left in it right?

Yesterday marked two weeks since we've been to the grocery. I'll probably go next week, alone. Only one person should go to the store these days. Some stores are regulating how many customers can enter.

Need to run blow my nose.
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment