Sunday, October 14, 2012

Birthdays and pumpkins.

The weekend was good to us. All the family was here celebrating Mr. Macho's birthday. A house full of family ate, drank, and laughed together last night. Babies ran around. Eventually cried their way to sleep. Being surrounded by family is a comfortable cocoon.
The red beans and rice that I had cooked on Friday were yummy. So glad I made a double batch. We even lit candles on a cake and sang the Happy Birthday song.
Earlier yesterday we visited a nearby pumpkin patch. County Pumpkins. Just take a look...

Cousins. Tucker, Lauren, Peyton, Merritt, and Whitt. 

Whitt and Peyton drove up in a snazzy wagon. Merritt had to seriously check them out.

Lauren and Tucker were the last two cars of this train ride. Pulled by some type of four wheeler vehicle. 
The Country Pumpkins people really have a nice set up. There was a small hay maze, a large corn maze, a cotton trailer full of cotton to play in, a sand box filled with kernels of corn, two different kinds of swings, a pony ride, a hay ride, small tractors for the small children, real old tractors for big kids to climb on....get the picture? And. Pumpkins. And. Gourds. More varieties that I knew existed. 
We found some fun at the punkin' patch.
***
After a weekend of food indulging I am back on the Weight Watcher band wagon. It was a good break. I enjoyed all the fatty, yummy, sweet bites. 
*****
Towels to fold.  Dishes to put away. Must get busy. Then I can sit with my book and let the good vibes from the weekend rock me to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment