Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chilly weather = chili weather!

It is a great early fall day. Mr. Macho and I did not wake up until after 8:00. Very unusual. It was the nice cloud cover that helped us stay asleep longer. And the coolness that necessitated a light blanket. Thus making it too cozy to get up any earlier. 
***
Yesterday I peeled and canned a five gallon bucket of pears. Given to us by Mr. Macho's first cousin, once removed. Those pears equaled two quarts plus ten pint jars of preserves. This morning Mr. Macho helped me peel and slice another five gallon bucket of pears. It made two quarts, one pint, and eleven half pint jars of preserves. Thank goodness the Piggly Wiggly had the case of half pint jars this morning. I bought the last canning jars in the store. They are completely out now. So don't go there looking for any. 


After I finished with the pears I washed the pot and got my chili going. It is simmering right now and should be ready about 6:00. Come on over. The outside temps are perfect for some chili. Or soup. Or stew. It is cloudy and was even drizzling a tiny bit when I went outside to dump some compost. It would be a great evening to have a little fire outside and roast some marshmallows. That is if it isn't raining. 
*****
My table for the new den was delivered right on time yesterday morning. I thought my rug would not be in until the 12th but Lowe's called this morning and it was here and Mr. Macho ran right out and picked it up. Thank you, Daughter for suggesting red. It is the perfect accent in the new room. 


And so goes another day in this adventurous life. Mr. Macho is enjoying a day of football, football, and some more football. Sorry to say that our Trojans were not victorious last night. The steam has gone out of that engine. 
Happy weekend, y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment