Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday.

Rain. Monday. They seem to go together. It was a very good weekend. Mr. Macho took his turn staying at his Dad's. I thawed and heated some pretty good chicken/sausage/pork gumbo and took it over for supper on Friday night. On Saturday I took the leftovers with me to Daughter's house. I even made some strawberry brownies for the Super Carrot. She didn't like them so much, but she loooved the gumbo! Big sister was the opposite. Brother didn't think he would like the gumbo, but finished a small bowl full.

It was a good visit. We played games with the kids. And. We got to talk a good bit. It was sunny and cold, so we didn't venture out of doors. Daughter has set up a small but perfect art studio in her sun room. The light is primo for her creative space. She has some great things going. Like me and my crochet, she doesn't know what she will do with all these objects of art. Doesn't matter. It stands on its own. Art is our outlet. We have a need to create. It is expression. It is therapy. It is love.
I came home early to get home before the sun set. You know - vampires and all. Just kidding.

Sunday Mr. Macho brought his Dad to our house from some homemade chicken and dumplings. It was pretty good, if I do say so myownself. They stayed and watched the remained of an NFL playoff game.  The care of his Dad continues to evolve. Mr. Macho left him alone for a few hours on Saturday. On Sunday morning we left him at home while we went to Mass. We are still figuring it all out.

On with the week. It will end with a magnificent adventure. With sisters. I'll tell you all about it later.
Be sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment