Monday, January 5, 2015

Sunshine out my window.

OHMYGOSH! I have forgotten to mention the GOOD NEWS. We are having a baby in July!!! Well, not "we" we, but Out-of-Town son and DIL "we". A GRANDbaby!! A girl. Tickled pink!! Yes we are. They let us know the Friday after Thanksgiving, but we had to take a blood oath of secrecy. I must confess, I am not good at keeping the happy secrets. I didn't blab, but I told a sister, or 7. Just kidding, I didn't tell that many. Almost, though. It is just so WOW. Think pink. I think of the names. And the clothes. And the cuteness. And the smell of the new baby. I could go on and on. And I will. Often. Unabashedly. No apologies. I am already in love with her.

***

I welcome the cold this week because it is packed with the sunshine. All the local creeks and rivers are swollen from the days and days of rain last week. Polar air should reach us by Thursday. So what? Got the sunshine and I say, 'bring it on!'.

In my previous post I failed to mention the delicious New Year's Day meal that Mimi cooked for us. I am a stick-in-the-mud for eating peas and greens on New Year's Day. Mr. Macho, Mom, and I visited with Beach Boy in his new house before continuing to Mimi's on the first day of the new year. As always, Mimi was the hostess with the most-ess! Pork loin, peas, rice, cabbage, and cornbread to boot. We should all be well set for good luck and good health this year. Thank you, Mimi.

Mr. Macho spent some of this past weekend at his Dad's house. I stayed home and boxed up Christmas. I did go into the attic and bring empty boxes down. Mr. Macho returned them to the attic. All that is left is our Nativity. The alpha and the omega of Christmas. It will stay up until the weekend.

I had a good work out this morning after which I showered and ran into town to drop off some chili for the food kitchen and to pick up a brisket to cook for a church group tomorrow night. Meanwhile, I stopped at the book store to buy some birthday cards and peruse the books. I had a gift card and a challenge. Daughter has sent me a Pinterest challenge for reading. There are 50 book types on the list to read in a year. No specific titles. Just genres. For instance: read a book that has non-human characters, read a book that is published this year, read a book that your mother loved, ... You get the idea? I love the challenge. Today I bought a book to satisfy the category, "written by someone under 30" (I Am Malala). This challenge is going to make me reach beyond my usual boundaries and comfort zone.  THIS feels like an adventure. I like it.

Tonight we intend to resume our dancing lessons. We will take the one hour group class. And hope that my back stands up to it. Tonight = beginning foxtrot. I love the foxtrot. Mr. Macho does not. But. Every time we re-take the beginning class it gets easier and easier. And he likes it more. So, here's hoping!

My kitchen chalkboard is announcing "This year I will be fierce". I am trying. Really I am. Success, sometimes, comes in small packages. That is totally fine with me. Besides, small feels more comfortable. More my size.

On that note I will simply say - do your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment