Thursday, April 9, 2015

Attack of the allergies.

Oh yes. Despite all the honey I have consumed to help prevent the allergy attack - it has happened. It is no wonder. Yesterday I swept porches - front and back. It was a good day to sweep, being damp and humid helps keep the pollen from flying quite so high. Then. I vacuumed and dusted for the rest of the day. Including some of the blinds. Dust was flying everywhere. And so. At the end of the day I was sneezing and the sinuses were raw.
*****
Easter weekend was calm. We chose to attend the looong church service on Saturday evening simply because a friend was being confirmed. The protocol was disorganized. There were screamers in attendance (children, not adults). The reception was second rate. At best. All in all, I am glad we went. Because of my friend.

Sunday dawned and I had Easter joy in my heart. The morning was leisure and pretty. We had a nice neighborhood walk after breakfast. Then I fixed the Easter dinner. At Mr. Macho's request the side dishes to our ham included - butter beans and creamed corn. I added a simple fruit salad and rolls.

We had the required deviled eggs in accompaniment. I didn't add the dill pickles and they tasted a little flat to me. I'll go back to the pickles next time. 

Ever since we visited sister, Mimi, on the coast I have been desiring the orange dreamsicle cake she talked about. So I whipped one up on Saturday. And. It was good. I have put a large portion into the freezer lest I ingest it all in a day. Oh my. It is dangerous. 

Mr. Macho drove over and picked up his Dad and brought him home to share our Easter feast. It was a pleasant quiet dinner. Enjoyed by all. After that, and cleaning the dishes, we all retired to the den where Mr. Macho and I fought the sugar comas while his Dad watched whatever sport was on the teevee. He stayed for a good long time (until we woke and got our wits about us) then Mr. Macho drove him home. 
Easter peace. Check. 
***

Today I move forward. A run to the grocery store will put us in good shape for preparing the birthday dinner this weekend. Mr. Macho's Dad and sister both have birthdays this week. His Dad told him this week that he couldn't believe he made it to 86. Surprised himself! He is funny. 

***
Our sweet Lauren has started a therapeutic horse riding program. She is fired up and loves it. I can hardly wait to talk to her and see what she has learned. She must learn to saddle and care for the horses, as well as learn to ride. Plus. And plus. 

Sister, Mimi, celebrated a big birthday herownself yesterday. The big 6-0. Eek. I am the next in line to join that club. Not happy about that. But I have a while. So, I'm not going to get all blitzkrieg, just yet. 

Well, well. Another day, another adventure. And I'm off.
Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment