Sunday, May 17, 2015

Phone dump.

Adventures have been abundant these last two weeks. Here are some snaps...


Sweet Pea writes her alphabet while I was visiting. She is only 4 1/2. 

  
Queen Millicent and her Nanny.
Mimi and I tooled around Bay St. Louis. Here we are pictured in front of the depot where the movie, "This Property is Condemned" was filmed. It starred Natalie Woods and Robert Redford.
(Our parents actually took us to watch some of the filming one night. I vaguely remember doing that.)

Nice view of the new harbor in the Bay.

Good vegetables at the Blind Tiger. 
Loaded fries and smoked tuna dip for lunch. 

Later that same day we made our way to Bacchus on the Beach in Pass Christian. 

Oysters were enjoyed. 

Mother's Day and I only got this snap of my Aunt Bobbye. Love her!

Back at home had to detox after all the good food and drinks of the weekend. Lemon-mint water was refreshing. 

Gift from my Dad - red amaryllis was blooming on my return from the coast. 

Tucker had a speaking role in his third grade play. 
What a dude!

Tuesday I enjoyed a tour with my garden club. The house and gardens were lovely. 

Friday we drove to Meridian to attend our daughter-in-laws graduation from a medical coding program at their local community college. She already had one college degree. She graduated with a 4.0 from the program. We were very proud of her. 
Saturday morning we shopped and then met Mr. Macho and Out-of-Town Son at Weidmann's for lunch. I do like this restaurant. The wait staff is great. 

After lunch we did touristy things. First stop - the Gypsy Queen's grave. We left a 1983 penny and a guitar pick on her grave.


We toured this victorian home located behind Merrihope in Meridian. 

This is a side view of the antebellum home, Merrihope. 

After we toured the old houses we took our leave. When we reached the highway I realized that the funeral procession for Officer Liquori Tate was about to arrive and drive through. He was a police officer killed on duty last week in Hattiesburg. He was young. He was being taken home to Starkville for burial. I asked Mr. Macho to stop. He did. We waited. And then...more police motor cycles and police cars than I have ever seen passed along with the vehicle carrying office Tate. Miles and miles of police cars driving at highway speed passed. All with their lights flashing. Intermittent sirens were sounded as they passed. 

Here is a snap of the overpass that was just ahead. Ambulance, fire trucks, rescue vehicles, as well as civilians waited on the bridge. 
I did not take photos of the procession as it passed. I was too overcome with awe and emotion. Tears streamed down my face. I just lived in the moment and let it sink deep into me. 

***

After we got home and unpacked. We brushed our teeth and headed over to Uncle Sambo's house. He is Uncle Jay's brother. (Uncle Jay is Mr. Macho's brother-in-law.) Uncle Jay had invited us to a big crawfish boil. They were delish. 


Daughter sent this picture today of the Super Carrot.
I wish I could be like the cool kids. 

Now you are all caught up.
What next?








No comments:

Post a Comment