Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Whirling dervish.

Last weekend is a blur. Drove to the coast Wednesday to get visits in with Mom (and her sister, Bobbye), Mimi, Beach Boy & family, Marsha, Peter and family...I raced from place to place to get visits in with as many people per day as I could manage. Mimi and I enjoyed tooling around the Bay on Saturday. Checking out venues for a family reunion in '16. Good lunch on the upper deck of a local bar/eatery...fun funky shops around Old Town...then on to the Pass for a glass of wine or three. I had to come home to rest. I will need a vacation. Soon.

Thursday was a disaster. While visiting with Mom and Aunt Bobbye they both fell. Oi vey!! I felt responsible. Mom is 94 1/2 and Aunt Bobbye isn't far behind. Though she is younger, she is much less sure footed than Mom. They were standing back to back in Mom's kitchen when I reached for my phone for a quick photo op. As I turned to take their picture, Aunt Bobbye was slowing turning and just fell. Mom got tangled in Aunt Bob's feet and down she went, too. OMG. I quick grabbed Mom's glasses off the floor and went to the aid of Aunt Bobbye, as she seemed to hit the hardest. She slowly sat up. Mom tried to get up but I told her to just sit for a minute. She asked, "Where are my glasses?" On the table, I told her. Mom righted herself and I helped her rise. I instructed her to call the sitter...she did, but by that time Aunt Bobbye was getting herself up, so I helped her. No broken bones. Lots of bruises. Day ruined. Even today my insides go all wobbly when I think about it.

I worry about Mom. Especially now that I have had this unpleasant experience and feel like, "How can I leave her?" Ever? I know it is her choice. I know. I can hear my siblings...you can't change it. So. Shut the front door. I would if I could.

That's all for today.
Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment