Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday. Funday.

More than half through this day. So far, so good. Good Monday following a good weekend with the Tuscaloosa grands. Weather cooperated to the max. Local street festival provided a pretty fair distraction. Fried catfish picnic on downtown sidewalk. Few purchases, lots of looking at the crafty vendors. Then one quick ride for the kids before we got back in the car. At home... Lots of pitching and catching in the backyard. Bubbles were created, caught, popped, and enjoyed.

Got ready for the weekend visitors by whipping up a batch of my Biggest Best Oatmeal Cookies. I sent the leftovers home with the crew. 

Super Carrot pulled out toys to play with. This "velveteen elephant" is still among the toys. She has been here since Lauren was born, almost 12 years ago.

The Super Carrot was seen sporting her Foster Grants on the way to the Market Street Festival. Always the fashionista!

Tucker, Merritt, and Lauren with a big yellow duck. Post snow cone spill. 

***

Dance tonight. Followed by a busy day planned for tomorrow. I am trying to get out of town to go visit the queen-mother. I must shop for foods Mr. Macho can prepare for himself while I'm away (i.e. frozen dinners and frozen pizza). And. Get packed. I also get to visit two sister, a brother and sis-n-law, and Beach Boy & Family. Should be good times. 
*****
Meanwhile, I am struggling through Les Miserables. It is good that I saw the movie first. When I finish, I will have fulfilled the category "Read a book over 100 years old" in my book challenge. 

Two ongoing crochet projects are sitting in my bedroom corner. I have a sewing project I want to start for Lauren, but it will have to wait for my return from the royal visit. 

Love and best wishes for a Happy Mother's Day to you all.
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment