Friday, June 19, 2015

Week in rear view.

Time is getting slicker. Going faster. The first official day of summer is two days away. Here is a bit of what has gone on since I last wrote...
I picked up Lauren and Merritt on a Wednesday. Before we made it all the way back home Merritt got car sick. Copious amounts. (In case you haven't noticed, I like the word "copious".) I cleaned up as best I could ASAP and put Merritt in the tub right away. Mr. Macho did a little follow up. 
She was fine once we got home. 

Lauren has artistic ability. I hope confidence will follow. I like her drawings.
Merritt is learning to write some letters. She had some sticker fun with address labels that I get in the mail. 

Thursday dawned and...

She likes to watch her Grandaddy leave for work. And. She likes the "beep-beep-beep" of his work truck backing up. 
The rest of the day was so good. We visited the goat farm and fed the occupants plenty of bread. Lauren opted to stay in the car for this adventure. I think she was playing a DS game. Once we were out of bread we made our way to the bookstore. Lauren discovered a Dork Diaries book that she hadn't read, yet. Good selection. She told me she likes 'graphic novels'! (Ones with lots of pictures.) Then it was Merritt's turn to decide. Well, "hungry dog in a meat factory"! She just couldn't quite settle on any one title. Lauren to the rescue, she picked the perfect "Frozen" book about building a snowman. It is an interactive story that requires tapping, swiping, and blowing on the pages to build Olaf. And. Merritt liked it!
Michael's was the next store on our spree. We looked and Lauren picked out a craft kit and Merritt's choice were some very pink flip-flops on sale!! 
Then we went home, ate lunch, made brownies, took naps, ate brownies, and then went swimming. We didn't get to stay but an hour as the hard rain chased us home. 

Friday was a different story. It started great. But things went south pretty fast. 

Little Miss Priss enjoyed my makeup drawer. 

Then she had a little fun with shaving cream.
After that we were on the floor playing a memory card game when she planted her arm and turned just right when her elbow popped out of socket. It isn't rare. It has happened before. It is called nursemaid's elbow. Her mom did the same thing as a child, as well as one of her uncles and a certain cousin.
Bless her heart. She didn't cry loudly. It was more of a whimper. And a quick request for an ice bag. She held her arm and did not use it. I tried to get it back into socket, to no avail. We called and facetimed her Mom - and I was advised to watch the Youtube tutorial. Which I did. And tried again to get it back into socket. Fail. Meanwhile Lauren had a pretty terrific nose bleed. But. She is a pro at it by now. She says, "Please get me an ice bag." Thank heavens for the ice bags!! Finally Daughter gave me her insurance info and off to the clinic we went...

Waiting for Nurse Jane Fuzzy Wuzzy to tell us that she didn't do the nursemaid's elbow. She advised us to go to the ER. 
No. I refused to do the ER. So, we just came home and went about our business. Merritt was good as gold. We ate lunch, took a nap, went the the pool (in hopes it would pop itself back into socket!) Mr. Macho came home and tried his hand at doctoring the elbow. Fail. Again. Poor Merritt. 
Then it was hurry up and get Mr. Macho some supper because he was going to help Out-of-Town Son move. The girls and I had an indoor picnic with food from Wendy's. Then we watched the Bee Movie. Merritt slept with me that night. Just so you know - she starts wiggling about 4:00 a.m. She didn't wake up. She just moved. Every once in a while I caught her with her eyes open, looking at me. Then. She would sleep again. 
I drove the girls home Saturday morning and Super Mom was able to pop the elbow back in and all was right with the world. You just have to know what you are doing. And. She did. 

It was a too quite ride home. I really enjoyed having them here together. Lauren is getting so grown-y and helpful. She gets up every morning and makes her bed without me even reminding her. 
She celebrated her 12th birthday on Monday. She is as tall as I am. Yep. Sweet girl. 

The week has been filled with lunches here and there with friends and family. Not much house cleaning has been done. I am officially on "baby watch" now. Out-of-Town Son and his sweet wife are expecting baby #1 within the next two weeks. Each day brings additional excitement. One day closer to meeting the new granddaughter. Oh, this is gonna be great! 

Along with the summer comes the fresh fruit and veggies...

Yes. It was delicious!

Bountiful. This is what I have been enjoying this week. 
Can you find the wine cork in the picture? It is there. Between the green grapes and peaches. 

Maybe the next time I write I will have a birth story to share! 
Until then, have a peachy weekend.
Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment