Thursday, February 11, 2016

Blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah.

Mardi Gras is over. Lent started yesterday. It is cold. My hands are all ashy and dry. Oi vey!!!
Another busy week is zipping by. 

Nephew recovering from the auto accident went home with his mom and dad yesterday. 14 hours to Virginia. They are there. Whew. Let the healing continue! Know all are glad to be there and are feeling very comfy in their own home now. He will return when he gets his strength back. And and new car, prolly. 

Father-in-law is having feet issues now. His feet have hurt him for a long time. Recently he has developed sores on his feet. They looked like they were getting better last week but took and unexpected turn for the worse over the weekend. I think it is a diabetic thing. Not anything that was done or not done to his feet. PT recommended taking him to his doctor. Doctor Idiot said he didn't learn how to deal with wounds in med school. Hmmm. Sister-in-law is taking him to a wound care clinic this afternoon. Hoping this will get that healing ball rolling. He needs his feet. Really. 

I'm off to the eye doctor myownself this afternoon. Feeling apprehensive as I have had some sight issues in the last two months. Keep your fingers crossed that whatever it is is fixable. Or my imagination. 

Counting down to Beach Boys surgery next week. Tuesday. Shoulder. 

In the mean time, we will dine and dance with friends tomorrow night at the Big Band event that we have attended for several years. The organizer is on hospice and, I am thinking, will not live to organize one for next year. Bless his heart, this has been his joy. He is a good guy. Loves the music.

I have to tell you that I ordered a dress for this dance off Amazon.com. It was only $17 and I said, "Why not?" Dress arrived yesterday. It isn't great and is way too low. So. This morning I tried it on with a nice little under shirt. And. I am going to wear it. This once. Then give it away. I mean, come on. $17! 

One funeral on Saturday. A young man. Cancer. Loved by his community of family and friends. An artist. 

Sunday? Valentine's Day. It is the second Sunday of the month and so we have sweets after mass. We call it "Donut Sunday". I will be spear heading it this weekend. Our Senior brunch bunch is in charge and they are a dependable group  of folks. 

I hope you find a little love this Valentine's Day. Or a lot. 
Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment