Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday. Got no job. Got stuff to do, though.

It is good to see this week in the rear view. Things checked off my list. 
So glad my eye appointment ended well yesterday. No worries. No problems. Just eyes that are aging. 
*
Today I am sad to report that after many years of faithful service I am giving away my red coat. 
I bought it at JC Penney's. Long ago. My children will remember it. I believe it was actually the first coat I ever bought for myself. It was chunky, but oh so warm. I've worn it everywhere, man. Church, football games, soccer games, parades... Mr. Macho got so tired of it. I don't think anyone but me ever liked it. It is still in good enough shape that I will donate it. It will keep another body warm for a good while yet. 
So long friend. We had a good run. 

***
I've been busy in the kitchen with a little surprise for Beach Boy. It won't be a surprise for long, as I think he reads me here. Anyway. The white beans are cooking. I'll deliver them next week when I go down to check on him post-surgery. He is having shoulder surgery on Tuesday. Repair of a torn labrum.  Old football injury. 


FYI: It smells good already. 

Won't eat any this day. We are going out to eat tonight! Then on to a big band dance with our dancing friends. This may be the very last one since the main-man organizer is slowly dying. He is on hospice but still attends every function he is involved with. So. I won't be surprised to see him there tonight. He surely loves the music and has had a great run of putting on the "big band theory" dance for many years now. 
God speed, Gil. And thanks. 
*****

In the man while... Clothes are getting washed, dried, and folded. I got our taxes organized this morning. Still waiting on two bits of information. Then on to the accountant. 

Tomorrow I'll attend the funeral of a young man that died of cancer this week. 


I will leave you with my Lenten reflection for the day:
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Proverbs 15:1
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment