Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter glow?

It was a quiet little Easter. Very nice. Mr. Macho and I attended mass, as usual. Then we enjoyed a delicious pork loin dinner. He had requested butter beans. He got butter beans. A green salad with spinach, strawberries, and red onion accompanied the pork and butter beans, along with rolls, and a store bought lemon meringue pie for dessert! It was a meal that required only slight preparation. Oh happy day.

For the first time ever I did not purchase even a single piece of Easter candy. Miraculously I was able to walk away from the 50% off milk chocolate Dove bunny yesterday. I did, however, indulge in a bottle of chardonnay over the weekend. Ah.

This week has got me breathing in a brown paper bag. For whatever reason I am feeling panicky this morning. I have already overbooked my Friday and have had to abdicate my First Friday brunch responsibilities. Just breath breathe. (Thanks alot, Rusty.)

Fun find for the week is a new silver polish. It works miracles. You can buy it in the automotive department at the Walmart or an auto parts store...Eagle One original Never-Dull wadding polish. I just want to sit and polish! Warning: wear gloves and understand that it has a chemical smell.

Lunch with my girlies today and then back to the store for a few items I need for the next few meals.

Mr. Macho has taken the day off to mow his dad's yard. Before the rains arrive tomorrow. It will take him most of the day to accomplish the task. It takes him about 45 minutes to do our yard. His dad's yard is 2+ acres.

Speaking of his dad...not going very well at present. The orthopedic foot doctor finally gave us valuable information last week as to where his foot pain is coming from. He has such poor circulation, and that causes extreme pain. Mystery one solved. Mystery two is - can the poor circulation be remedied? Stay tuned!

Got to run. Much to do. Hopping right along.
Here's hoping your Easter glow is with you still. And always.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment