Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tornado Tuesday.

Here we are again. Tuesday. Stormy weather. Intermittent hard rain. Very dark skies.

I have opted to cancel on my Downton Abbey viewing for this afternoon. Call me chicken. Call me lazy. I don't care. It just feels good right now to be home. In the rain.

I actually stayed home yesterday whilst my windshield got repaired. Two days in a row and my house has many fewer herds of dust bunnies. I have put my decorative bunnies out for the Easter season. I am going to clean a floor or two this afternoon. All the while watching the sky and the clouds.

There will be a sit down meal tonight with Out-of-Town Son. Complete with a brand new to everybody marinated salad. My own creation. Then chicken. gumbo and rice. I think. Not 100% sure that is what is thawing in my fridge. But it smelled like gumbo.

More racing around and bizziness for the rest of the week. Mr. Macho is the man-on-duty next weekend.

This Lenten season is providing some very tough personal challenges. The least of which is giving up alcohol. Once or ten times I have been very tempted. To say that harsh word. To go ahead a get that glass of wine. You know? Sometimes it doesn't feel good to resist right at that moment. Like, it would feel so good to just let it rip and say something sassy. Then the moment passes. After a while I am so glad I didn't say the hurtful thing. I am so relieved I kept my thoughts to myself. I erased the email. Whew. Man does not live by bread alone. Thanks to Glennon Doyle Melton for reminding me that - "We can do hard things!" That cocktail can wait.

Here we are, though, in March. Easter is right around the corner. Sap is rising in the trees right outside my window. Life is changing right before my eyes. Every day.

Dirty floors are calling my name.
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment