Saturday, July 2, 2016

Hello July.

New month. New attitude. Well. Not really new. Just trying to improve the old. And. Hold on to peaceful thoughts. 

Mr. Macho had the alarm set for 5:30 this morning. It is Saturday. I know. Bummer. He needed to get to his dad's house early so he could get the yard work done before the blazing heat was upon us. He got away from here pretty early and I joined him after I got a few things done. 

It was hot work. It got done. We both took breaks. Drank water. And sweated. A lot. We came home for some lunch. After we digest that for a while we are going to jump in the YMCA pool for a few minutes. 

Hoping to go to a movie tonight. This is a low key 4th of July. I kinda miss all the hoopla that used to go on around our house when I was growing up. It seemed like there were always cousins around for the  4th of July. Always a cook out. Always beach going activity. Always fireworks. Always. 

And now. Nothing. No salt water. No fishing rodeo. No crowded house. No fireworks. Land bound. That's what this is. I am waxing nostalgic for a coastline. 

I guess I can put on some Jimmy Buffet. That might help. I do have a swim suit on as I type this. That's something. 
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment