Monday, July 11, 2016

Visitor.

On Friday I picked up The Carrot. The Super Carrot. She was her typical-busy-self from the get go. She is always a fun little house guest. She cleans up after herself and goes to bed when she is tired. (About 8:00 both nights.) She loves to stay busy, which translates, for me, to being the audience. And. I don't mind. Because. She is so darn entertaining.


I suggested she use Grandaddy's car washing bucket to facilitate the tree climbing. Worked like a charm. After the ants were shooed away. 


She liked "playing" with Grandaddy's toy. (Don't tell her it is work to pick up the pine cones!)

Of course, we baked brownies. After which she washed all the dishes, and washed them well. The we had to taste test with a little added frosting!


Yum. 

On Friday we swam at the YMCA while Grandaddy did his evening work out. After supper we watched "Sleeping Beauty". She loves "girl" movies. 

On Saturday we played at the park for a while. She told me how many "structures" I had at "my" park. She uses pretty big words for a four year old. 


Saturday afternoon we went to swim, again. Only this time the pool was closed for a brief time because of distant thunder. So. We waited in the aerobics room. 
Mirrors all around a four year old makes for great fun and giggles. She did some ballet. And then I told her not to look, but there was a little girl her same size that looked just like her! She got a big kick out of that and trying to "hide" from that other girl. 

We had made a picnic/splash pad date with cousins. Two of Sister Paulette's grands were visiting her for the weekend. But, alas. Thunder happened again. The splash pad was cancelled, but the picnic still happened. They came over and we feasted on so much food!!! And we played and watched "Cinderella". (One of my favorites!) Just so you know, Hamp and Emma can play a mean game of Noughts and Crosses (formerly known as tic-tac-toe.) 


On Sunday, after mass, Hamp and Emma joined up for donuts at the Krsipy Kreme. Merritt chose her usual - chocolate with sprinkles. Emma selected a strawberry shortcake donut. Hamp went for the cup of donut holes. Afterwards I sent them to the restroom to wash hands which turned into a private dance party (by invitation only). I had to bang on the door to get them to unlock it! 
Whew. It was so exciting. 

After a good lunch of spaghetti and english peas there was just a little time left to play. Then Merritt climbed on the sofa with me and put her head on my shoulder and fell promptly asleep. I had to wake her because it was time to take her back. 

She was glad to see her mom. 

***
I've done my laps already this morning. 25. There was a cloud cover today while I was swimming. It is easier to swim with the cloud cover and no sun in my eyes. 

Father-in-law is changing nursing homes today. He is pretty much finished with the rehab and is graduating to full time nursing home. I think. Hopefully he will get some very good care at his new residence. 

*****
I do hope our country is finding a measure of sanity today and this week. Last week was rough. We can all take a lesson from "Cinderella"...have courage and be kind. 
Namaste. 


1 comment: