Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday ramblings.

Yesterday ended up being just a great mellow day, after all. I swam out my "pity party" attitude at the pool. It was just the ticket. Came home. Got dry. Took a nap.

Mr. Macho took me on a date last evening. We ate at Oby's in Starkvegas. Then we went to view the movie, "Free State of Jones". I did not have high expectations. Yet. I kind of enjoyed the movie. If you wish to see it, do not expect a rousing dramatic ending. The main character doesn't ride off heroically into the sunset. What the movie has done is whet my appetite to learn more about the main character and my own home state. I drive right through that very county every time I go to the coast to visit family. I even stop at a gas station right there in Ellisville.

My nasty little cough keeps on hanging on. I have been through the round of antibiotics. Finished the prescribed cough medicine. And still I have that deep rattle in the chest. I will resort to Robitusin.

This morning we slept late. Ahh. Took a long walk before breakfast. Bacon, eggs, toast, and our very own tomatoes out the garden in our backyard. It was so good. We went to late mass then helped stuff bags to hand out at the local soup kitchen.

Mr. Macho is sitting with his dad in the nursing home this afternoon. I will go up for a visit in a little bit. Then do a small run to the grocery store. Gotta cut up the obligatory watermelon this afternoon. Gonna pick up some corn on the cob. Already thawing the leg quarters for the bbq tomorrow.

My only little sister has a birthday today. (57, but who is counting?)

I hear fire crackers going off in the neighborhood. It is mighty dry. I hope the parent's of those whippersnappers are keeping watch.

Happy 4th of July, y'all.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment