Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Getting busy.


Who you gonna call?
Mr. Macho had to get busy spraying for the invasion of army worms. They were everywhere. Destructive little boogers. We think round one goes to us. We haven't seen a live worm in days. 

The real busy season is about to open. September will bring welcome activity. August has been a reading month for me. I have read 4 or 5 books. But in doing so, I have been stagnant. Tomorrow, with the new month, I will start back with my Bible study and Garden Club. Friday is Mass and brunch with the church seniors.

Next week I head to the coast to visit Mom ahead of her 96th birthday. And. I plan to attend grandparent's day at Millie's preschool. We will celebrate Millie's #3 birthday while I am there, too. Plus I get to visit Sister Mimi, post-op. Hope I can cheer her up and make her feel better. The knee. She is having the surgery on the knee.

As soon as I get home from the aforementioned trip, I will turn it around and head to Florida with my girls. Yep. Girl trip! Not looking forward to the long ride, but know we will have some fun together.

Last weekend Mr. Macho and I were able to help out at his Dad's place. The sisters-in-law are preparing it for the upcoming estate sale. We have decided on a date in October. Several items have already left the premises through natural selection. A few other things have been sold.


Yikes! We found this creepy monkey while cleaning out a closet last weekend. He has taken a trip to the local landfill. And all were much relieved. This is the kind of thing nightmares are made of. 

***

A break in temperatures is predicted for the weekend. It is most welcome. Hot again next week. But for two nights it might actually dip into the '60's. Yes.

Labor Day weekend will bring unexpected adventures, I'm sure.
Hope your labors are few and your hearts are light this weekend.

"Do small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment