Sunday, August 7, 2016

Tucker's weekend.

We are having a quiet little end to a fun weekend. 
I drove over and picked up Tucker on Friday morning. That was after I had attended a mass where I learned that a long time acquaintance had died the day before. He was younger than me and I was pretty shocked for most of the day. Still can't quite get my mind around it.
Anyway. Tucker and I made a Sam's run and then headed back home. We stopped at the Jack's burger on our way home to grab a bite for lunch. Then we stopped at the Country Mart for some night crawlers. (Those are fishing worms.)

I had planned to swim but
I hadn't realized that our lifeguard was not on duty Friday afternoon so...
 Tucker spent time doing calisthenics in front of the teevee. We played 'Naughts and Crosses', Battleship, Zip It, and Tucker did work in a workbook we had purchased at Sam's. (Before the weekend was over Tucker had me figured out and finally beat me at Battleship. Way to go Tucker!) For supper we dined on meatball sandwiches and cole slaw. I think we even watched some of Jaws that night. Tucker had to text his Dad when he realized that Jaws was on teevee. Apparently, he has seen it before. I was deep into a book and read most of the evening. 
After a breakfast of cereal, fruit, and honey buns we headed over to the lake for some fishing. I spotted these lovely morning glories near the lake. 

We tried to fish from the bank in several spots. Macho and Tucker went up and down the bank to no avail. 

Then we decided to head to the dock to try our luck. 


Tucker actually hooked one, we think a catfish. It bent his pole good before it got off his line. Mr. Macho hooked a big one and just as he got the fish to the surface his line broke. We had old fishing line that had been sitting for years and years. We should have known better. There was a nice breeze that kept us from being too, too hot. We watched some kind of hawk dive over and over again into the water trying to catch fish for himself. 

We did get all our ducks in a row! (These are actually geese.) It was funny watching the parade. We had ducks swim by us checking us out a couple of times during our fishing excursion.

Finally we gave up on catching any fish and donated our remaining worms to a young couple that had just arrived on the dock. They happily accepted our gift. 
A lunch of leftovers and a siesta later and we made our way to the YMCA pool for a refreshing swim. It was uber hot by then and the water felt great. We remembered our sun screen and nobody got burnt. After an hour and a half it started thundering and the life guard required all to exit the pool. So. We went home, took showers, and went bowling. 
That was fun. 


Tucker was a little discouraged with his score, but I think he had some fun. I did. Bowling is a blast. Then he and I rode 3 minutes on the bumper cars. I can check that off my bucket list. It was sorta fun. Tucker couldn't figure out the controls. I figured I had no control and just went with it. 
Next stop - Mi Hacienda! For a Mexican feast. I had the #28. Tucker had the #22. Macho had #37. And then we came home to watch The Fifth Wave. Tucker looked over and asked, "Nanny, why are your closing your eyes?" I was falling asleep. It had been such a busy day, I was worn slam out.

Today we dropped Tucker back home after church and a good lunch. All in all I had a fun time. I hope Tucker will look back and feel like he had some fun with us. 

I think I want to go bowling again. And you know I love fishing. 
Ready for the next adventure. 
Bring it on.
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment