Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The best by far...

In the month since father-in-law died we have received many lovely sympathy cards. Then last week this one arrived...
Her Mom explained that this was totally Merritt's out of the blue idea.  Merritt wanted to make Grandaddy a card because Grandaddy Bob died.  I understood it immediately. 
Do you? (Three are standing: Nanny, Merritt, and Grandaddy. One is laying in the ground: Grandaddy Bob.)  
How much sweeter can it be? 

Out-of-Town Son and family were up this weekend. He and Mr. Macho went through Grandaddy Bob's workshop and found some tools that Son wanted. Not many. He also selected some for his brother, Beach Boy. 

On Sunday we delivered a few furniture items to Daughter. 

I am happy to have inherited a potting table...
I see it out my kitchen window. 
I think of my mother-in-law and father-in-law when I look at it.
The cabinet top will have to be replace since it is worn out and disintegrating. 
It is a happy place. 

***
Got to run get this day started. We plan to meet a sister-in-law and niece for supper tonight in Starkvegas. 

Other items on the agenda this week: 
1. battling the biblical invasion of army worms 
and 
2. tropics watching. 

Be safe. 
Be sweet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment