Thursday, October 27, 2016

New to me.

Well let me just tell you. I am all about new stuff this week. Here it is - wait for it - spaghetti squash! Who knew?! We are going to eat it for supper. I had to taste a bite after baking it...you know, just to be the guinea pig. And. It is delish! I have earned my brave points for the week. We will have to wait and see what Mr. Macho's reaction is. He isn't the daring kind. It's iffy whether he goes for it.

Also. I have a confession. My sweet neighbor keeps buying me a pumpkin spice pancake mix...I had two bags in my freezer from last year and what happens? She pops in this week with another! She buys them when she takes a trip to the mountains. It is very sweet of her. We just don't eat that many pancakes. And. Macho likes the plain kind. No fru-fru.

I am happy to report that I have found a use for the pumpkin spice pancake mix. You see. There is also a recipe for muffins on the bag. So. I added shredded carrots and walnuts and cooked muffins. I will top them with some cream cheese frosting and pass them off to the old-fart coffee club that sits in the lobby of the YMCA in the mornings. They will eat them up! Win. Win. You see? All's well that ends well. I will call it 'paying it forward'. Besides. I took a bite of these, also. And. They really are good. Who knew!? (My new phrase of the day is, "Who knew!?") I have always thanked my neighbor profusely for the pancake mix. And. From now on I will be even more thankful for it. Her act of kindness is very appreciated.

And so ends another adventure filled day. All happiness and smiles here.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment