Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Yada yada yada...

So it's been a good week so far. Our little Parish Picnic is in the history books. Had a regular lunch with my girl buddies yesterday. Played bunko with more friends today! Tried a new recipe and it was well received. Pecan Pie fudge. Yum-o!

No luck at the bunko, though. I am like the cartoon kid with the black cloud following me around. If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all.

I am a little jelly that 3 of my sisters are doing a fun road trip this weekend. They are going to our Texas sister's house. I know there will be lots of laughs, good drinks, and primo adventures. Heck there might even be some crafty things made this weekend. Texas sister is into crafts. She is good at it.

I was invited to go, but I'm hoping Mr. Macho and I find some adventure of our own. I am kinda hoping for a day trip somewhere. Anywhere. I'll let you know.

***

I have a piece of marble. Here is the history of it: The marble was in the post office in Laurel, MS. My Uncle Jimmy Bass got wind that it was being discarded in 1961 when a local bank bought and renovated the old P.O. He asked my parents it they would like a piece of the marble and they said yes. So Dad took two corbels off an old piano and mounted them on the wall of their living room. The marble sat right atop the corbels. There was a large mirror over the marble shelf. A frilly white vase sat on the shelf, as did a small bowl. When my Dad would come home he would drop his keys in the bowl.  I'm not sure what the bowl material was, but the sound of the keys hitting the bowl on the marble shelf resounded in the house. It was a particular sound.

Hurricane Katrina destroyed my parents' house and one of my siblings found the marble intact. A few years ago Mom asked me if I wanted the marble piece and I said I did. Until now it has collected cobwebs in my carport.

Yesterday Mr. Macho and I met with a local furniture designer. He is designing a steel table that will frame the marble. I put this on my to-do list this year. In January, I think. Well color me happy that it is going to get done before year-end!

***
Tonight we dine on baked chicken and salad. I am trying to make meals a little less caloric. Fewer carbs. Fresh veggies. Smaller portions. It is my plan. I didn't say it was working yet. I plan to do this.

Gotta go wash my tomatoes.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment