Saturday, April 15, 2017

He is risen!

This will be my Happy Easter post. I guess it has been two weeks that have elapsed since I last sat here typing my thoughts. This year Lent has sped by, and here we are - Easter! Already!

We all do Lent differently. Not until I was an adult did my mother tell me that Sundays were free days from whatever you gave up. I still don't cheat on Sundays. Although. I have to confess. I blundered during my Lent this year. I confess that (after giving up alcohol with Mr. Macho) I drank a glass of wine when I was out of town. It was an unplanned breaking of my Lenten regimen. Still. Same night I popped a peppermint in my mouth when I left the restaurant...then realized what I had done. Every year I give up all sweets. I also ate the muffins my sister bought for me. I knew it was cheating when I passed them off as a breakfast food. One Friday I even ate a small portion of a chicken casserole. On NO MEAT FRIDAY! That is all. My sum total confession. So. I accept that I am not perfect. I'm okay with that. And. No. I didn't tell Mr. Macho that I had that glass of wine. Yet. I guess I need to 'fess up to him?

This morning I ate two of the cinnamon rolls I made from scratch yesterday. My Lent is over after Good Friday. The Cruxifixction has happened. The Passion is over. The suffering has occurred. I have the benefit of knowing the Resurrection WILL happen on the third day. And so. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Tonight? A glass of wine. Happy Easter, y'all.

Tater salad. Check. It will be accompanied by ham, marinated cucumbers and tomatoes, brussell sprouts, and homemade rolls. 

The baked goods. Before they were baked. 

This little fellow has been spied out my back window for two mornings now. I love his visits. He leaves his calling cards. He even stayed around yesterday while Macho and I drank coffee and chatted on the porch. Didn't bother him in the least. 

Today the tomato bed was constructed. I flitted around pretending like I was helping. But this guys knows the truth. (He did all the work.) 

No Easter baskets here this year. No candy. But there will be wine!
Shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment