Sunday, April 2, 2017

Day of rest.

Ah. Sunday. Weekend. What a busy month March was. April is starting in the fast lane, also. 

Friday, the last of March I enjoyed a long leisurely lunch with my girlfriends as we celebrated Patricia's birthday. Afterwards I ran to get a few groceries before I headed back to town and Stations of the Cross and fish fry at church. I got home with take out in tow for Mr. Macho and myself. We settled in to watch the MSU Lady Bulldogs work the miracle of beating UConn in the Final Four! I must confess I fell asleep and missed all of the fourth quarter. But! I woke just in time to see the final seconds of the game and the magic shot heard round the world! I sat straight up and could do nothing but shout! It was so exciting. I could not believe my eyes! I had been so hoping they would play well and have a good game. 
Saturday we woke up to a picture perfect day. After breakfast we had a walk in the neighborhood and I just had to say it was a great day to be alive! 
Mr. Macho and I worked in the yard for the majority of the morning and tag teamed our old azalea. And I do mean old. It is over 30 years old. It hasn't bloomed well for several year. It was infested with Lacy azalea bugs. We cut it to the ground. I believe it will come back. Hopefully we can spray and keep the lacy bugs at bay. 
After lunch I headed to town. 

Here are a few snaps from yesterday...

Here I am at Ole Magnolia in my borrowed hoop skirt. My friend Lee depends on her friends to help docent during our annual Pilgrimage. It is so fun. Good weather plus Saturday equaled a heavy and steady crowd of people. It felt frantic a moments, but it also made time seem to go really fast. 

Lee always has the most lovely arrangements in her front hall and on her dining room table. 

I left a few minutes early so I could grab a pizza and get home in time to get dressed for the ball! Yes. I said ball.
Our local Junior Auxiliary Ball was last night. I think we enjoyed our first and last trip to the JA Ball. It was interesting. It was quite the occasion. I enjoyed the fun of dressing up. 
We saw so many people we knew and met even more good folks. Being an insider is an asset when attending the Ball. And we aren't insiders. So we made the most of our Cinderella evening. 

We sat with our good friends Stephen and Frieda. 

We did get to dance a few dances. The band was good. And loud. The young crowd was getting wound up when we left. My ears are getting old. 

****
I have a beef brisket in my roaster. Tomorrow I will travel to Daughter's house once again to gather the children after school while their dad has another heart procedure. We hope this one will fix whatever the problem is. We want his ticker to keep ticking for a very long time. 


***
I have completed my Master Gardner classes. Our test will be on Tuesday. Open book. Discussions are acceptable during the test. Not worried. 
It's all good. We got this.

I better go feed the bear.
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment