Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Fire. Cracker.

Here we are at the 4th of July. Summer's apex. I am sure the stores will have Christmas items by tomorrow. Some things I would like to speed up. Others, not so much.
Here are some recap photos of the last few weeks...

Our friend, Tony, fading from dementia and pancreatic cancer. We love him. 

A request was put in for a "Little Orphan Annie" dress. I happened to have this pattern and fabric and whipped it up for one Super Carrot. We will deliver it next weekend when we go over for a concert. More about that later. 

Last week I harvested my first tomatoes and eggplant. I roasted these in the oven and ate them by myself. They were delicious. 

On Sunday sister-in-law offered tomatoes. We drove over to pick them up and she also gifted us with some zucchini relish and these gorgeous zinnias. I added some coleus and asparagus fern from my garden, and voila! 

This was taken today. Just wanted to recored how pretty my tomato plants look. I have picked about 6 or 7. They are ripening slowly. I picked them when they are half red because I don't want the birds to eat them. My bush goliath have ripened quicker. The Amelia variety that you see has lots of tomatoes but I haven't picked the first one, yet. Today I saw some color on a few of the Amelias. 

These Amelias are getting really big. 

We enjoyed Macho's famous chicken leg quarters for our celebration today. We use a family recipe for the sauce. I made some slaw, and Macho requested potato chips. That's what we ate. Along with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. 

***
Tomorrow my counter tops are due to arrive and be installed. I hope I am as happy with them as I have been with the new cabinets. Here's hoping!

***
Rod Stewart and Cindi Lauper are having a concert on Sunday night. I checked tickets a while back, but they were expensive. With all the finances going toward the kitchen re-do, I opted not to buy the tickets. But. Yes - but! Daughter called a few days ago because she had seen an ad for cheap seat tickets. I said, "Yes!" when she asked if we would like her to secure some tickets for us. So...
We are going to the concert! Yee. Haw! I am really excited. 

Many happy memories of past 4th of July parties growing up. Lots and lots of family. Lots of food. Lots of fun. Hot fun in the summer time. 

Shalom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment