Thursday, July 13, 2017

Splish splash!

A picture is worth a thousand words. 

My joy this week came from running water in my kitchen. Yesterday Bill, the plumber, took his sweet time hooking up our new faucet. It wasn't all his fault. His son was his gofer, and he delivered at a snail's pace. It seems no big deal now that I can wash dishes in my kitchen. And. Wash my hands. And. Draw water for the coffee. 

Beach Boy and I discussed the luxury of running water this morning. I was looking at it historically. He reminded me that this very day somewhere in the world people must walk a distance to acquire water and walk it back to their homes. I am more thankful today for the luxury of water than when we started this project. 

Good news. Floors will happen Monday, with grouting to complete the task on Tuesday. Next week should bring the final onslaught of plumber, electricians, painters, carpenter, and deliveries. Back splash is slated for August 7. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel. There is a balm in Gilead. 

Going to pick up Tucker tomorrow. I'm so excited that he is coming over. 
The weekend holds promise!

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment