Monday, July 10, 2017

The rhythm of my heart.

We did it! After giving up hope that we would make it to the concert, Daughter called last week asking if we wanted cheap seat tickets. Macho agreed. And it was on. 

Pre-concert meal at Glory Bound. Where they serve good, cold craft beer. And "to go" cups. 
The evening was warm but as the sun went down it cooled. Then.
There she was. 
Cydni Lauper. 
When Daughter was in the first grade she wanted to be her. 
Some experiences in life are just so big. Ok. They are small and big at the same time. Daughter grew up. I guess, she stopped really wanting to be that rock star. Then that rock star comes to town. And your Daughter takes you to the concert of that very rock star she wanted to be, and now your granddaughter, herveryown daughter loves that music? Well. It is just down right epic, that's what it is. And. We lived it, Dottie. 

True colors. Shining through. 
And of course, Bud Light.

I dug out my vintage 80's necklace and every colorful bracelet that I could find in my drawers. I channeled Cyndi. 

Then came the headliner....


Rod Stewart! My camera would not take a decent photo at this distance. The lights were so bright that it just wouldn't work. But you get the idea. We sang along with Rod and another 5,999 of his closest friends. He was good. And he was funny. His musicians were wonderful. 

It was the most fun I have had all summer. It got my mind off my kitchen project. 
It was balm to my spirit. 
We got home at midnight. Then we turned into our old pumpkin selves. 
It was a little rough waking up this morning but I just keep singing, "the rhythm of my heart is beating like a drum. With the words 'I love you' rolling off my tongue..." 
Oh Rod! It was fun. 
That is all we girls really want. 
To have fun. 

*****

Obligatory harvest photo. Picked three tomatoes and an eggplant this morning. This one was the biggest. I am picking 2-3 per day right now. So far, I am winning. I am beating the birds and the squirrels. 

*

Hope it is warm where you are.
Shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment