Monday, August 20, 2012

And Monday.

Why, oh why, are the weekends so short?! We did nothing extraordinary. It just flew by in a flash. Sweet Pea and her dad came over for a visit and some lunch on Saturday. In the afternoon we worked in the yard. Regardless of the double coating of "Off" - I still procured a half dozen bug bites. Mr. Macho rolled out more hay on the yard to keep our topsoil from washing away. He planted the rest of the variegated lariope (monkey grass). I must say the yard is recouping much faster than I had anticipated. Thanks to the unusually regular rain we have received.
This morning the temperature is 64 degrees. I almost needed a sweater sitting on the screened porch. In the east a few clouds were brushed in gold by the approaching sun. A crow called from the distance. A mockingbird entertained me while I sat and welcomed the morning.
Hummingbirds have started their feeding frenzy. It is what they do. They will be driving to Mexico in a month or so. They were already buzzing the feeders this morning.
I hope to start a new crochet project today. I need a project to distract me from my granny square afghan project. I was hoping I was finished a week and a half ago. But. When I laid out my squares the coverage was too small. So. I am working to make more that twice what I had originally planned. Thus the needed distraction. It is not out of the ordinary. I usually get very tired of making the afghan before I am finished. It happens.
Much to do today. Better get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment