Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The early bird catches the worm.

Mr. Macho needed to be at work early this morning so the alarm clock sounded at 5:00 instead of 5:30. Oh. I am going to miss those 30 minutes. All. Day. Long. 

Have not fully recovered from the weekend. We so enjoyed our trek to Out of Town Son's house. He and his smart, sweet, clever wife are creating a very nice atmosphere in their new home. Mandy and Chad joined us Saturday night for some good grilled burgers and we all had a good visit. Nothing wild or crazy. And. We went to bed at a decent hour. Only thing is - I had the "first night in a different bed" syndrome. I was falling asleep on the sofa but when I went to bed my eyes popped open and I couldn't fall asleep for what seemed like hours. 
Sunday morning OT Son cooked us a wonderful breakfast and we all got ready for church leisurely. We went to different churches together and then met back up for a quick dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. Daughter-in-law's cousins and significant others joined us. Then it was on the road again. Sweet Pea and her dad were waiting for us on our front porch when we got home. Her Mom was out of town and her Dad had a coaches' meeting. So she stayed with us for a few hours. She wanted to "read" books just about the entire time she was here. 

Weekend snaps...
Out of Town Son and Chad built this table. He still has to sand and seal it. It is ever so sturdy. Daughter-in-law located theses chairs at an antique store and refinished them herownself. See the painting above Mr. Macho's head? OT Son painted that. Pretty darn cool. 
Who me? Biased? 

Looking into the living room from the dining room at OT Son's house. 

OT Son cooked bacon, eggs, and biscuits for us. 

The creative couple. 

Us. In the early morning. 

Sweet Pea loved some raisins. She is a good eater. That book under her leg is one of her favorites. It is a counting book. She especially loves the number 7 because there are yoyos on that page. And she loves to say yoyo. She will not be 2 until December but can already count. There is video proof that she can count to 8. But I think she can go all the way to 10. And. I have heard her count by 2s. Chip off the old block. 
***
Yesterday, Monday, was a pretty full day. Exercise first thing. Later I helped serve at a local soup kitchen. Two churches join to serve every Monday and Friday of the month. Our church pairs with another on the first Monday. It is a good thing. Then I had a list of small errands I had to take care of while I was out and about - fill a prescription, pick up the bed spread at the dry cleaner. 
By the time I got home I was pretty pooped.

Uncle Jay dropped by for a quick visit late in the day. After two months of trying to get the floor guys to fix my booboos - it just took one call from Uncle Jay and they have made a firm appointment for a week from tomorrow to fix the floor. Uncle Jay, you're the best.
No new work on the shop since the roof was put on. Windows are sitting out there waiting to be installed. The garage door should be installed pretty soon. 

 I got an email at almost the 11th hour that our dance class was resuming last night after a break for the summer. After I slightly twisted Mr. Macho's arm he agreed to go. It was mostly because the dances for the month were ones we are familiar with. We had our substitute teacher, Daniel, last night and he did a very good job. This month we are learning the beginning Hustle and intermediate Fox Trot. An hour for each with an hour in between for practice. Three hours of dance. 
Needless to say, I had no trouble falling asleep last night. 

That brings us to Tuesday. Today. Lauren and Tucker start school today. Third grade and first grade. I know it is exciting at their house. Can you just smell pencil shavings and glue? New books bags. 
I have signed up for some mini-courses myownself for this fall. Will talk about that another day. 
See ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment