Thursday, August 2, 2012

Crazy days and Thursdays...

Have I been negligent this week, or what? Life has a way of sending me on detours. Let's see....
Last weekend was a whirlwind. I finished with the tomatoes Saturday morning. That afternoon I attended a wedding. We babysat for Sweat Pea Saturday night. On Sunday we went to church, ate lunch at In Town Son's church, attended a cute little theatre performance, dropped a present off at a wedding shower, and then enjoyed a quick visit from our Sweat Pea, her Mom, and her other grandparents.
We now have a roof on Mr. Macho's "little shop of horrors". (Not really horrors. It just sounded funny.) Thank you to all the lovely hispanic men who braved the humid heat to hammer on the shingles.

This week in pics...

More salsa. 

Project. Am painting the frame and will paint over the glass with chalkboard paint. Plan to hang it in the laundry room. 

My friend, Karen O., and I put out a pretty spread for the teachers and staff of our little school - ACS. It took us all of 15 minutes to decorate on Wednesday afternoon. She is a whirling dervish. She had pretty items and I just brought old things, some of which were cute. 


I realized when I downloaded this picture that Karen's coffee cup was front and center. 
More snaps of the breakfast...


Menu included bagels, sausage balls, chili cheese squares, fruit, coffee and juice. Everyone enjoyed and expressed appreciation for the breakfast treats. 











My Thursday morning Bible study met today. Often we lunch together after our study... names will be omitted to protect the innocent. I do not have permission to publish these photos. I am that kind of risk taker. 






*****

Last night was a bad night. Dad's artificial hip popped out of socket. He hasn't done that in 6 years. Since he was staying with us after The Storm. Poor Dad. It took brain surgeons to finally think to locate the on call orthopedist. After they sedated him and put the hip to rights, the hospital procedure was to admit him into a room, get a nurse, then release him. Of course they also had to wait on the transport. He got home well after 3:00. A.M. 

It was hard trying to fall asleep last night thinking of Dad in such extreme pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment