Monday, December 3, 2012

I'm back.

Drove down to visit Mom and Dad last Thursday. It is a different kind of visit now. I felt like I could spend a just few hours at a time being with Dad. He is in bed all the time. He eats in bed. He gets bathed in the bed. He still gets up for bathroom duties which are taken care of right next to his bed. He sleeps most of the time. He is fading. Slowly.
This trip was for me, really. I wanted to be with Dad one more time while he is still my Dad. We talked little. I made him laugh a few times. I held his hand.
Mom is tired. But okay.

I actually stayed with Mimi. I enjoyed spending time with her. We ate out a couple of times but my favorite was eating her gumbo and the fabulous meal she prepared for me and Pete, Kaye, and Marsha. Saturday night we ate steaks, twice baked potato casserole, fresh green beans, a yummy salad with some home made delicious dressing, and Kaye's brownies with whipped cream. Yes, this was not on my diet. But what the heck?

Mimi and I enjoyed a little shopping on Saturday after we visited with Mom and Dad for a few hours. Pass Christian and Bay St. Louis have some fun little shops and restaurants. Good Karma going on in both places.

We are into December. Already. Just a little historical footnote. On this day 36 years ago a certain bearded young Mr. Macho asked me on a date. It was fate, that's what is was Edward. (Pretty Woman reference.) Our first date was December 4, 1976. I was a mere child. Wednesday I will celebrate the 36th anniversary of my 20th birthday. Geez.

My random acts of kindness is already being challenged. I have felt more like Scrooge than Mother Theresa the last few days. Today I will endeavor to get my groove back. Seeya.

No comments:

Post a Comment