Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just Wednesday.

I just heard my dryer beep. So. This will be short. I am trying to finish this month and jump start my Christmas spirit all in the same breath. I was inspired by a person on Pinterest talking about RAOK. (Random acts of kindness.) And I am taking up that challenge. Only I won't tell you everything. And it might not happen every day. But I hope it does. 'Cause it makes me feel real good.
Today it was something that I didn't even think of but it ended up making me happy. I was in the fruit section of the grocery store. Checking out the gala and fuji apples. A man in a wheel chair asked my opinion about which apples were the best. He liked his chilly and crisp. Both varieties looked inviting. I told him to get one of the two and be sure and tell the lady at the checkout that another store was selling them for .88 cents a pound. Have her price match them, I suggested. I said wait and I will get two bags so we can both pick our apples. He asked if I would pick out his apples. To which I happily complied. He chatted just a moment and then we went in different directions. It was so small that it might not even count. But it felt really good to just be nice.
I have done one or two other things this week that I will not tell. But if you are reading this I suggest finding a random act of kindness or two and enjoy the glow. Sometimes it is a simple as a smile or a touch.

I am going to finish out my gratitude challenge right here because I will be out of pocket for the next few days. So here are my last three -
1. Today I am thankful for serendipitous moments.
2. Tomorrow I will be thankful for clear weather and good travel.
3. Friday I will be thankful for my sister's seafood gumbo.

And there you have it. A month of giving thanks. Whew. I am thankful to be finished.

****
Going to visit Mom and Dad for a few days. He isn't doing so well. My heart is telling me to go be with him one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment