Friday, June 21, 2013

Out of pocket.

I am going to be busy this next week. So don't come back looking for new posts. There won't be any. Just have to wait.

I've been nursing a sore back this week. It has been up and down. I am taking it seriously now. Even went to town and bought two new pair of sandals with better arch support. I am loathe to admit that my flip flops are not good for my back. Oh. I will still wear them now and then. Just not all day long. Anymore.

I am also learning that certain elements of my exercise routine are not back smart. Like toe touches. Who would have thought? I have been so proud that (usually) I can easily bend over and put my hands flat on the floor.  I have enjoyed the jealous stares of other middle age gym rats when I do my stretches. Now I learn. This is a no-no. Leg lifts. Not good. Aging backs need to come with some instructions. How to's. Guarantees. Extended warranty.

I do have to say that swimming is the ticket. This week I have started my summer lap swim regimen in earnest. It makes my back and entire body feel so good. I love it. Love. Summer of love.

Speaking of summer. This is the first day. Longest day of the year. Summer solstice. Dance naked, evahbody. Get this summer party started.

Until next week. Peace. Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment