Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday report.

Several weeks ago I promised a friend that I would help babysit for a party she was organizing. She is Mexican. It was going to be a party for Latinos. I tried to orchestrate some help and found two willing friends. As the weekend drew near, I grew more apprehensive. I didn't know how many children. I wasn't sure the two friends were totally on board. I did not know what the mothers expected. I wasn't sure we could communicate with the children/parents. And on and on.

I am breathing 100% oxygen this morning = relief. The party was fine. There were between 15-20 children. Their ages ran from a few months old to probably 13-ish. Thank goodness there were pre-teen children that helped with the smaller ones. There were three little girls that would break into tears every time they looked at me. They did not speak/understand English. Their older siblings/cousins took care of them, mostly.

Anyway. The party was not hard. The children split their time between the babysitting room and the party room where the adults were dancing. My friend, Judith, brought paper and stickers and supplies for the children to make their own books . The children really loved doing that. One boy worked on his most all night. Our teenage helper was terrific and knew how to take charge. I think the parents really appreciated our help. The children were very good. They all took such good care of each other.

****

Some shots from our tree removal last week. Hopefully we can repurposes this space. There were two pretty ratty looking red tip trees and a medium pin oak. I am thinking roses or blueberry bushes or...

It is a blank canvas. It surprised me how much yard we have recuperated from the red tips. They were big. They were not pretty. They had overpowering blossoms in the spring. I will not miss them. 

Kevin. The only tree man I love. He is one hard working man. 
Have already emailed my fence man. We will have new fence installed on the other side of our back yard this week or next. 

The rest of June is a piece of cake. Birthday cake. I am now beginning to get into my vacation mood. A lightening of the spirit. I can almost feel the sand under my feet.

With those happy thoughts I begin my day. Peace.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment