Friday, June 14, 2013

This day is history.

On this date thirty two years ago at 3:08 a.m. our second child was born. A boy. Weighing 10 pounds. Happy Birthday to our Son-in-Town. You are a joy. Still. And always.

 He was four days beyond the due date. On Friday, June 12, the doctor decided that he was breach. On Saturday, June 13, I missed my little sister's wedding. 

Our 10 pound bundle of joy. Born on a Sunday. By cesarean section. Thank heavens.


My Mom holding S-I-T. His sister stands by with her trusty ole rabbit. Hard to believe that Mom was only 60 in this picture. 

***
On this date ten years ago I was attending Daughter's baby shower. It was three weeks or so before her due date. She had not been feeling well and all she wanted to do was to get through the shower. She had been up most of the night. We did make it through the shower. Although. She was having contractions all day long. 
I asked if she wanted me to stay when the shower was over and she said no. I told her to call me if she went to the hospital and they admitted her. I drove home in a horrendous rain storm. I got the call around 9:00 p.m. She was at 7 centimeters. We made a mad dash to the hospital and got there in plenty of time. It was the wee hours of the morning before Lauren presented herself. She was a tiny thing. So precious. I love you Lauren Virginia. Also. Born on a Sunday. Ten years old tomorrow. Happy Birthday to you!!!

*****
Sending a shout out to Uncle Bud, whose birthday is also tomorrow. Happy Birthday!! 
*******

Birthday love. June. Summer of Love. 
It's all good. 
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment