Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I love a challenge.

Not sure how to link this but will try my best. Daughter has thrown down the gauntlet to jump on a band wagon and reveal what is in my purse. It is the big Purse Dump of 2014 from Catholic All Year blog. 
And so here goes...


Side pocket # 1. 
5 cough drops
1 chapstick
1 bandaid
5 gift cards each worth $5 and the last one well over a year old (Tuesday Morning, Tuitti Fruitti, Krispy Kream, Beans & Cream)

Sidepocket #2. 
Mary Kay Sweet nectar lipstick
Used tissue
Zebra compact

Main body.
5 pens - number fluctuates
3 small note pads
check book
22 cents in loose change
2 Office Depot coupons
1 old folded up silver gum wrapper
1 used tissue
Sequined driver's license/credit card holder
plastic photo holder for my store cards (Kroger, Books a Million...)
spare car key
Bank envelope with my birthday money from my Mom (birthday is in December)
My First Communion rosary - broken
pocket angel coin
receipt from Purple Elephant gift store
today's shopping list 
today's Walmart receipt

Favorite thing in the purse: The old coin purse. It was given to my when I was growing up by my Uncle Dick. He traveled a great deal and bought it in a foreign country - only I don't remember what country. 
Thing that shouldn't be in there: The Office Depot coupons. They were too specific about their usage - like, "you have to purchase $437 dollars worth to use these coupons and it has to be between the ungodly time of 6:55-7:05 a.m. on a Monday morning, while standing on one leg, juggling flaming batons, and whistling Dixie!" Pox on those kinds of coupons! 
Wow! I have a lot of: Cough drops, but I just put them in there this morning 'cause I have an ongoing nasal drip right now. Usually there are more used tissues than anything else. I guess I have tried to get rid of them lately. And was successful. 

What does all this say about me? Obviously I am the older Mom because I have no cute boogie wipes, or games for kids, though several of my grandkids have enjoyed the small writing pads I keep in there. Does this say that I am dull? Probably. And it says that I like to clean my purse out frequently. But. By posting this it says, 'I am not afraid of you taking a look at my inner stuff. I AM that kind of girl. So bring it on! Whatever "it" is.'

3 comments:

  1. I love your change purse. I had one with that same kiss closure when I was little. I loved snapping it open and closed! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of the coupon. All those conditions are why I don't bother with Ulta anymore. That and the fact that I don't wear enough makeup to even make a trip to Ulta worth my time anymore!

    ReplyDelete