Monday, February 3, 2014

First week.

The first week of the month is getting to be my bizziest! Soup kitchen on Monday. Tuesday I will babysit at church. Thursday Bible Study. Friday is brunch for the "seniors" at church. None of it is too bad. The sum of it makes me antsy and tired to think about it. I will try not to think about it.

I hope I am able to take a few days and drive down for a visit with Mom this month. It is a developing goal for me this year - to visit Mom on a more regular basis. Quality time. She is Skyping me more frequently these days. Her hearing and processing make the calls quite a challenge. Repeating things 3 or 4 times is not unusual. Even so she misses big chunks of conversation. More than 2 people conversing and she is lost. And still. She is Mom. I never knew her when she had ears that worked. When he was little, Out-of-Town son said, "Nana has screws in her ears." When I was little she had the old box kind of hearing aid - and wore it hung in the middle of her bra. It provided much humor among our clan. Who else whispered their secrets into their mother's chest instead of ears? Who else learned to answer a phone upside down? I wished she lived closer to me.

Got to run. Just thought of one more meeting that might be on my agenda this week...have to go find out.
Be sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment