Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Girl interrupted.

That is just what I am. My life is on hold while I am waiting for this back "thang" to get better. Today is two weeks that this back "thang" has been happening. Not being able to exercise and do my day-to-day functions on a normal basis are making me feel "cabin fever - stir crazy". The back is better - spasm have subsided and I can move without fear of it seizing up - the pain can now be found shooting down the leg. I can't really go out and do things because I hurt. Now. Having said that, I have gotten things done around the house. After each chore I sit and recuperate. I have washed clothes, vacuumed, put up winter clothes, changed sheets and towels, steam mopped...not without the pain down the leg, though.  I tried to take a walk this morning and had to cut it down to one lap - and even that was done through the pain, thinking it would stop any minute.
My back "talks" to me when I sneeze or cough.
I am so adverse to seeing a doctor when I am hurting. I know. It's crazy. I guess it is the fear of bad news. I have gone way outside my comfort zone and have made an appointment to see a chiropractor in the morning. This is an adventure. I have never been to a chiropractor before. I am really kind of excited...hoping he can relieve this back "thang". And. Just plain old curious as to what a chiropractor actually does.
My adventures have been nipped in the bud this week. But. I will report back to you on any "adjustments".
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment