Monday, May 19, 2014

Pearls and Pajamas.

I am back from a trip to the motherland. Well. A trip to my mother's house. My nephew, that resides in Dallas, got married this past weekend. All of my siblings, except my older brother, attended the wedding. I opted to spend the weekend with Mom - and celebrate the wedding with her. My being with her allowed others to relax and enjoy the weekend. Plus. It was a much needed few days of R&R for my old back.
I drove down through rainy weather on Wednesday. The back was tired but ice packs, Advil, and frequent stops kept me from being miserable.

On Thursday Mom and I visited Dad's grave since it was his birthday. He would have been 94. 
May 15. 
It was a gorgeous day. On the cool side. We sang the Happy Birthday song to Dad. 

Friday we visited with Mom's sisters. They are some lively gals. 

Saturday. I went to secure the petite fours for our wedding celebration party and lo and behold the hot crawfish were right there inside the grocery store just begging me to take them home. So I did. Even though the good general, Tso, had made his chicken for us - Mom and I ate a few of the mudbugs as appetizers before we put them in the fridge for Sunday dinner. 
***

The Party.







We giggled. One glass and Mom was all, "I'm feeling heavy!" We texted some of our poses to sisters that were in attendance at the wedding. And...

...they texted us back theirownselves. 

Brother Pete had called us on Face Time and gave us a tour of the reception venue grande ballroom prior to the wedding. Mom so appreciated that and we both enjoyed the fun snaps that came our way that let us know Benjamin was indeed married!

And they lived happily ever after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment