Thursday, May 8, 2014

I am Joe's hip.

Did you ever read the Reader's Digest? I did. I used to read articles with titles like this..."I am Joe's spleen" or "I am Joe's kidney"...and the article would explain about the body part. 
I went to the chiropractor yesterday and back today for my first "treatment". It is very interesting. First I want to share my x-rays...
The hips. Looking from the back so you can see the left hip is higher than the right and see the slight curve in the spine.

Also having some slight curving up high...not too bad...but adds to the overall muscle strains tending to the left side.

So. The treatment. First room. The table was standing up and I stood in front of it. The table laid down with me on it. The doctor said my right leg was 1/2 shorter than my left. Then the doctor adjusted me with the instrument...the Activator. She placed it on my back in many different spots and it made a quick pop. It did not hurt.  This is supposed to get my spine started back in the right alignment. 
After that they hooked me up to a neat muscle stimulator that felt like a good massage. For 10 minutes. Not nearly long enough. I could have fallen asleep if they had just let me lie down. The girl asked if it was biting me yet. Heavens no, honey, turn that joker on high and let 'er rip! Then I lay on a massage table that rolled my back out pretty good. Then they sold me a good pillow, took my money, and said "see ya tomorrow!" 
Yep. I am going back. I am in this. 
Bring on the snake oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment