Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday thoughts.

Ah. The back. Let me tell you what. I got kinda scared on Monday. After nearly a week of spasms and pretty severe pain, I was beginning to panic about how bad it felt. Was afraid that it was going to be a permanent injury. Naproxin, Thermacare wraps, ice, muscle relaxer, heating pad, sports cream, plus rest = finally starting to be able to stand up and sit down in an almost normal cadence. Yesterday I noticed in the mirror that I look like I have scoliosis. One week of walking with pain has made me look lopsided. This back thing is going to effect me. I am already feeling behind in doing spring yard things. I am having to opt out of the Tuesday morning babysitting (that was a contributing factor in this back episode!) My Loaves and Fishes Ministry will have to get along without me this month. Dance lessons are iffy.
The relief of getting better is huge. I hope to be back to my routine in a week or so. I hope.

How did I get to Thursday so fast? And May?! How did May slip up on me??? April went out with a bang. While I was laying low with the bad back on Monday, tornadoes ripped through neighboring towns.  Our very own little city/county was not exempt from the damage. Trees were felled, homes were obliterated, lives were lost. And now. Friends and strangers alike are reaching out. Its what we do here. We give. We help. We clean up. We donate. We cook and feed. We comfort. We open our doors and our hearts. Our state is tops when it comes to being generous. That's us. Mississippi. Land that I love.

Festivals abound this time of year. In these parts. And so it is in our little village. Mr. Macho will skip it this year, opting to mow his Dad's big yard, instead. Depending on how the back is feeling, I may go walk around Main Street for a quick "look-see". On Saturday. Saturday night our Tucker will make his First Communion. We will be present. To celebrate with him. God bless him.

Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment