Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Round two.

Where to start? We had a nice visit with Out-of-Town-Son and Sweet Alyssa over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Weidmann's in Meridian. I hope we will eat there again. 

I ordered fried softshell crabs over fried green tomatoes with Fontina (?) cheese on top. Steamed broccoli on the side.

Weidmann's is famous for their black bottom pie. Mr. Macho and I split this slice. And. It was yummy.

We hit a hail storm on our way back north on Sunday morning. It was short lived and we made it home safe and sound. End of round one. 

And then...

Monday afternoon brought terrible tornadoes to our beloved Mississippi. They were all around us. The sky got dark. I put pillows and the lantern in our hallway. Texts were flying between us and our three children. Be safe, be safe. 

I was ready. And though I am laughing in this picture, it was no laughing matter. For many areas all around us it has damaged or destroyed homes, schools, and businesses. 
Today I will stay home as much as possible. I am still nursing the bad back. 
This afternoon = Round 3. More bad weather predicted. 
Saying a prayer that is doesn't come to fruition. 
If it does, you will find me in the hall. Under the pillows.
Peace.
Be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment