Friday, April 25, 2014

Blah, blah, blah.

Not much to tell this week. Obviously. The post-Easter week started great. Then. The nose dive happened on Tuesday after babysitting. My back. It did the spasm thing again. I have tried to take it easy and still participate in the things I had committed myself to. Add to this a nasty little cough that locks the back up first thing of a morning. I am on the mend. But. It is slow and getting old. Literally and figuratively. 
***
Easter Day was a joy. I totally felt like dressing up for church and announced it to Mr. Macho the day before. So I did. And. He didn't. I had hoped to ask someone to snap our photo after Mass. Fail. On the way home we passed the College and I noted that it would be a good spot for a photo op. Mr. Macho was driving and passed right by. Then. He turned the car around to capture this snap...


Mr. Macho's Dad and S-I-T and his family joined us for Easter dinner. It was delightful having them round the table. After they left we both took "sugar-coma" naps. After not eating sweets during Lent the banana pudding put me into a downward spiral. It was worth it. 
*****
We are planning a visit with Out-of-Town Son and his wife this weekend. Will pack my back meds and take an ice pack for the road. I will not let the back stop me!

***
Daughter attended some type of essential oil party this week. She and I are going to have to investigate. It sounds almost too good to be true. Miracle cures and all. 

School years are starting to wind down. Teachers and students in the short rows. Days being counted down. Spring fever abounding. 

*
Our B. Reeves Memorial Trojan Practice Field is coming back nicely in our back yard. (Pilfered sod.) My pink amaryllis is in full bloom and my red one has a big bud. I am itching to buy and plant some more things...when this back improves you will find me in the yard.

Hope your weekend is filled with adventure. 
Be sweet.





No comments:

Post a Comment