Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tis the season. To be sneezing. Fa la la la la. La la la la.

Oh. Yes it is. Crazy pollen everywhere. Attended a meeting in an outdoor pavilion last week. In 30 seconds I, along with my notebook, was covered with a dusting of the yellow powdery stuff. We are planning a birthday cookout at our house for this upcoming weekend. I thought I would wait until Friday to start sweeping off the porch. But. Yesterday was damp and rainy = the optimum time to sweep pollen. It doesn't fly as much when dampened. I didn't have the time to do a thorough job, but I did get the lion's share. If it doesn't rain later in the week so I can complete the task, I will carry a spray bottle of water to spritz the pollen. Try it. It really works. 

Will have to hose down the furniture. This is the before picture. 

And. This wasn't all of it. 

You must figure which way the wind is blowing. You simply can not sweep against the wind when dealing with pollen. It is futile. 

***
I am working on acquiring dish pan hands this week. Dish washer is down. Control panel issues. My dish washer man is "thinking" about my problem description. He will order the part he thinks is the problem and, hopefully, come install it at week's end. The washer is only a year old. I have a service contract. Maytag. 
You know what I mean, Vern? It's always something. 
 *****
Here is a quick shout out to my big sis, Mimi. Happy birthday to you!! 

Peace. And love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment