Monday, April 14, 2014

Party survivor.

Party central was here. On Saturday. I had cleaned the cobwebs and policed the bathrooms for days. I swept pollen for days. I chased Mr. Macho around the house with a broom and dust pan for two days. Every time he came from outside. 
Mr. Macho manicured the yard, and swept more pollen. He washed down the outside chairs and tables. Then it was time. Time to relax and enjoy family. And enjoy we did. Out-of-Town Son and his bride arrived first. Followed by our other two children and their families...then the sisters-in-law, and brothers-in-law, father-in-law, and nephew and family. Our very dear friend, Kathryn, was in attendance, also. 
Sardines. That's what we were. Happy sardines. 

My kitchen table was clothed and ready for the burger feast. Thank you, Pinterest!

I loved the table being full of little bodies. That Whitt, looking at the camera, is the cutest redhead in town! He, Merritt, and Peyton are all the same size right now. Upon arrival they shared a group hug, then proceeded to have fun. 

Even though its blurry, this photo gives you a sense of plates being served in a full kitchen. Burgers, potato salad, baked beans, slaw, and chips were for dinner. Sweet Alyssa's gorgeous chocolate cake was for dessert. Plus ice cream. Did I mention that her frosting was homemade chocolate? 
Scrumptious!

Millie. I wish you could hear her grunting while she eats. It is THE funniest thing. She was so sweet and good through all the party celebration. 

After we had finished eating Mr. Macho's Dad and Sister opened their cards and presents. 
Our family. 
We love the bathroom jokes. So the aim is to find the cards that allude to bodily functions. I have to say that Out-of-Town son had the most outrageous card this year. He wins. Hands down. 
***
That brings me to another week. I am semi-relaxing today. I am doing the post-party light cleaning. Plus the laundry. Other than that I am reading and crocheting. Because it is a rainy day and I want to. 
Tomorrow the Super Carrot will be picked up for some "Nanny days". I'll deposit her back home on Friday. 
*****
Peace to you during this Holy Week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment