Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Southern style.

If you haven't guessed, I live in the deep south. A few of our antebellum homes are on tour for two weeks in the spring and we call it 'Pilgrimage'. Many cities and towns in the south have these tours. All the homes in our town are privately owned and lived in. Our Pilgrimage is going on right now. A friend owns one of these homes. She asked me weeks ago to help. It takes quite a few friends to "show" the house on tour - one docent per room to shed some historical light on that room. Yesterday I was in the dining room. I had a script that I went through with each tour group that walked through. The home owner has hoop skirts and black skirts for those of us that do not own any period dresses. It is a rather fun time meeting and visiting with the tourists. We had some from as far away as Manchester, England. Many states were represented...Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas, and Illinois, to name a few. 
Here I am pictured in the drawing room. Also called the music room and dubbed in the 1980's - The Magnolia Room. 


Sister Paulette and your's truly. In the foyer. 
This is how we roll.
Just part of my week. 
***
More stuff to do. Got to go.
Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment