Friday, November 7, 2014

Oh snap.

Oops. Just realized that I skipped yesterday. 
My garden club met and I was one of the co-hostesses. It took up the better part of the day. 
Here are a few food photos for  your enjoyment.

My friend, Patricia, invited our little circle over for lunch before the meeting. She had prepared a roasted corn chowder and waldorf chicken salad. Let me just say, she makes her own pasta. Anything that comes out her kitchen 'es bueno'. 

Patricia also prepared some brie in puff pastry. On the side she served some roasted, peppered red grapes with walnuts. Oh. It. Was. Good. 

Our table looked very fall-ish. My contributions were the pumpkin spice muffins with cinnamon cream cheese frosting seen on the left side of the picture. The ladies of the club enjoyed and complimented profusely. 
***
I am chock full of gratitude this week. Magnanimous feelings abound as I drive into town and home again with the colors of fall filling the eye with a palette beyond imagination. The brightest colors are fleeting, yet striking, with few trees looking 'en fuego'. 
Most local trees have had the good taste to simply turn maroon in color this year. 
Maroon. 
White.
Fight, fight, fight.

17. I am sincerely thankful for a winning football season.

Go Dawgs!


No comments:

Post a Comment